Okay. So forget the everyday thing, it didn't happen. I am terrible at journaling, or blogging, and have never had the discipline to complete more than 3-4 pages of a journal. I think about people like Jane Austin who wrote in a diary everyday or sometimes multiple times per day. If God had made me Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice would be more like Procrastination and Passivity.
Anyway, I endured the 3 inches of snow that fell here in Broken Arrow America last weekend. My brother, his wife and their two kids were visiting so we spent most of the weekend over at my sister's house playing card games and watching NCAA basketball games.
We went out to eat at Napoli's Saturday evening and had a good time being entertained by Luigi, the local Frank Sinatra wanna-be. It was hilarious. Luigi came around asking if we were celebrating anything special and my brother told him that were celebrating my birthday, which we weren't. So Luigi asks everyone in the restaurant to sing Happy Birthday to me and then proceeds to ask me how old I am in front of everyone. (Thank goodness I'm not turning 40 this year because I might have been tempted to lie. Seriously, if you want to croon like Old Blue Eyes then learn some manners and don't ask a lady her age.) I was nice and told Luigi 35. (Of course, Luigi is half deaf and had to ask me two times what I had said before I finally yelled out "35!!") My brother then said, "Hey, you aren't turning 35." I said, "He didn't ask what age I will be on April 15th, he asked how old I am and right now I am 35." Luigi then proceeds to gush about how he thought I was one of the kids and that he didn't know I was that old. Wow. Thanks Luigi.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Theresa Sallee
- I am a mother of four wonderful kids, Briana, Keighley, Josh and Zach. I have been married to the best guy on the planet, Duane, for almost 18 years. I have been so blessed and thank God for it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment